PEPCO Federal Credit Union Privacy Notice
PEPCO Federal Credit Union is committed to providing you with financial products and services to meet your financial goals. We are required by federal law to give you this privacy notice. It describes our policies and practices that protect your privacy and enable us to share information to make available competitive financial products and services. If you have any questions after reading it, please contact us at (202) 872-3086.
Information we Collect and Disclose About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on application or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; and
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our members and former members to anyone, except as permitted by law.
We disclose all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do to Help
PEPCO Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINS (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your personal information, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to this information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your personal information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of your account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
- Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you!