PEPCO Federal Credit Union now offers Visa Platinum. High limits with low monthly payments and low intrest rates !!!! Apply online!
VISA PLATINUM RATE - 9.9%
Rebate or Low Rate:
Rebate or low-rate financing? Car buyers often face this dilemma, and the decision isn't obvious.
You can use a factory rebate:
- As a down payment toward your purchase, lowering the amount financed, or
- In the form of a manufacturer's check, to use as you wish.
Low-rate financing, on the other hand, sounds great too, until you crunch the numbers. The amount financed has a larger impact on monthly payments and total interest charges than the interest rate does.
Take an offer for 0% financing for 36 months or a $2,000 factory rebate on a $20,000 purchase. If you take the credit union's rate of, for example, 4.45% and the rebate (thus financing only $18,000), you actually would save about $30 a month.
Discount financing plans generally are limited to shorter lengths and use a sliding scale where the best rates are for the shortest terms. And there isn't always one rate. You may find 0.9% on 24 months, 3.9% on 36 months, and so on. Low-rate financing terms often are so short that most people can't afford the monthly payments.
Did You Know?
- As a result of the Pandemic over 90% of Americans began using digital financial services as their First Choice for banking transactions and most will never go back. Read More
- Your credit union offers Overdraft Lines of Credit that will advance automatically to your credit union checking when you need a little more help with your monthly expenses. Read More
- Facial Recognition is now available for your Pepco FCU Mobile App. Read More